Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ezine vs. Blog

I personally don't think there is anything to compare and contrast with e-zines and blogs. I think they are separate entities that compliment each other. Although online, the e-zine I found The Spire: CFC’s Electronic Magazine still served a real magazine purpose. What was written I consider to be like any other magazine article, where as the current event blog I found called Global Voices was filled with different blogs with peoples opinions on certain world events. And really the huge difference is that the ezine I found has many different sections like a print magazine. Because I think that the ezine I found was like a print magazine, I think that it was more professional than a blog. However I thought that the blog was more effective, but I think that’s because I am becoming more interested in world current events. They did not cover the same current events at all, the blog I found was about world current affairs, where as the ezine covered local and national current events. I don’t necessarily think that a print magazine or newspaper is more credible. For each entity I think that the person writing it is what makes it credible, not if it’s in print or online.

I still think that my research material supports how I felt in my original post. I would rate it on a scale of 5, probably a 4.5 (between, somewhat supports my thesis and strongly supports my thesis).

These are the two websites I used:

E-zine: http://www.cfcinc.org/spire_ezine.html
Blog: http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/

No comments: