Saturday, October 6, 2007

Blogs for Business

http://stephanieklein.blogs.com/

I found a blog by author Stephanie Klein which interested me. She used her blog to self-market herself and her books as well as give a personal look into her life. I think that this is such a great marketing tool for author's such Stephanie along with entrepreneur's and already established business owners.

http://webdesign.about.com/cs/weblogs/a/aa061603a.htm

In an article I found on about.com it said, "Blogs are a powerful tool for marketing and promotion. Because the entries are short, and often full of links, they are more keyword heavy than standard articles often are. Plus, being short, they are easy for your customers to read (and you to write), so they are more likely to come back daily to see what you might have to say on that day." It then goes into giving examples to business owners about different things they can talk about on blogs such as promotions, what's coming etc.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/05/05/BUG41CGI4K50.DTL&type=business

On SFGate.com I found an article about an entrepreneur Dennis Woo who owns an online dvd rental company, who let one of his only 10 employees start a blog for the company. Although he wasn't sure at first, now two and half years later his companies sales have doubled and he has about 80,000 visitors to his blog each month. This just proves how blogs can be great self-marketing for entrepreneur's.

Entrepreneur's also have other options for marketing themselves, such as setting up a website, advertising in local newspapers and magazines, sending flyers out in the mail. I feel as though blogs really gives a great personal touch, and customers and clients can feel like they really get to know you. If it were my business, I would use blogs as well as maybe some of these methods together to market my business.

I think that the research I found somewhat supports my thesis in my first module. After doing this second moduleI would still keep my original thesis.

No comments: